Thursday, September 22, 2011

Izzy the Love Bug

I've witnessed something so adorable a few times now and every time I've missed the opportunity to take a picture. (Though a mom out there did, but I didn't think to ask her to send me the photo.) The only way to capture these moments is through telling the story, so I'll blog it.

If any of you know Izzy, she's quite energetic and when she's wound up, watch your pant legs. (She'll try to pull you using the one thing my shorty dog can get ahold of - your pants. If you're wearing shorts, watch out! She'll go for those too!) But sometimes she can be a cuddly little dog. We experienced this at the rescue home where we got her.


I ran a 5k downtown with a friend a few weeks ago. Jason and Izzy waited for us, cheering us on at the end. Afterwards we were resting when I noticed a little girl stood near us watching Izzy. Izzy noticed her (or something she was eating) and started to walk towards her. We told the little girl and her mom that Izzy was friendly but might jump on her.

Izzy walked up to the little girl and then sat down next to her. The girl seemed apprehensive, but started to pet Izzy. I think Izzy understood this and slowly cozied up to her, and ended up leaning on her. It was the most precious thing! The mom took a couple of pictures before Izzy leaned too much and ended up on her back. Of course then she had exposed tummy but I don't think the little girl understood she was supposed to rub it. She ended up going back to her mom and Izzy came back to us.

She's done this a few times and each time we're just amazed at how precious she is. Our little ball of energy is also full of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment