Saturday, October 20, 2007

Inconsiderate Neighbors

(repost from myspace)

Inconsiderate Neighbors

Current mood:determined

Last night the youngins next door had a party. At 12:30 I called the police. They were screaming and laughing and blowing a whistle (quite loudly). I couldn't figure out why they just wouldn't go inside. Anyway, the police showed up and they were quiet for about 5 minutes and got loud again. I could hear someone asking them to be quiet but others were like "screw the police." No, it wasn't the police, it was the NEIGHBORS. 
 
Anyway, around 12:50 some decided to leave and go to Waffle House (seriously, I could hear their entire conversation from my bedroom). I heard them go out front and suddenly a car alarm starts going off. It keeps going and going and over the car alarm I'm hearing all sorts of shouting. Turns out the alarm was on a car from across the street, where the drug dealer people are. So now there's a shouting fight going on across the street with the girls screaming.

So I called the cops again. (They let me know there had been a few other calls.) One car left, but not before squealing his tire for a few seconds (leaving one black line in front of the house across the street) and then another car left. Oddly enough, it was people from the drug dealer house, not the one next door. The cops finally showed up and talked to the people still standing outside. So a couple other people left and I thought it would finally be quiet. I was wrong. So I called the police one more time at 1:20. They finally moved the party in doors.

Jason and I both agree that we need to get out of that neighborhood ASAP, before they take over the area and my house depreciates. Hopefully within the next year. (Need to fix up the kitchen, bathroom and maybe remodel the basement.) In the meantime, I will call the police every chance possible when either of those two houses makes a peep. No more. Not in my neighborhood.

**edit** Forgot to note that I was supposed to be at work today at 8am, but ended up not coming in until 9am because I thought I should get at least 6 hours of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment