Monday, October 25, 2010

The thing under my nose...

aka "it's not a booger," aka "the unfortunate-looking pimple thing."

No, I don't know what it is yet. Friends who have seen it think it's a hematoma or something. The doctor at the Urgent Care in Beavercreek had no idea what it is and told me I should see a dermatologist and that it should be biopsied. So I have an appointment Friday at 9:00 am. I'll update my blog after I hear what this "thing" is.

So here's photos of this thing... (my apologies for the extreme close-up shots and the goofy looking faces)

10/7 - just a small red bump under my nose

10/13 - a bit bigger, it's starts bleeding after I sneeze or wipe my nose

10/16 - Larger and regularly getting on my nerves.

10/16 - It wouldn't stop bleeding after an hour and a half, so went to Urgent Care and had it cauterized. It turned black, including the area next to it. This is when friends suggested I tell people "it's not a booger."

10/22 - black area has fallen off and now it just looks like an unfortunate pimple under my nose.

10/26 - the bump has gotten larger and the top part has scabbed over I guess. It's just disgusting and embarrassing. Really hoping the dermatologist can get rid of it once and for all!
I realize that in a couple of weeks it'll be gone and completely forgotten about. At least I hope so. Though it's embarrassing now, once it's gone I doubt anyone will ever think about it again. I just have to get through a few more days with this icky thing below my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment