Monday, January 19, 2009

random thoughts...

I miss sitting out on the back patio. I miss playing in the dirt and moving plants around. I miss the sunshine and driving around with the sunroof open. I can't believe that after experiencing negative temperatures, I now feel like 28 degrees is warm.

I stress about so many things, I wonder if 10 years from now I'll look back and think how silly I was to worry about them.

One year ago I was stressing about the wedding and Jason had finally moved to Dayton. Two years ago I was stressing about being single and wondering if I should start looking outside the Dayton area.

Why is it easier for me to commit to reading through the New Testament than it is for me to commit to losing weight? Both take the same amount of time and focus... only one allows me to do it while sitting on the couch.

My friends have changed in the past year. I still have the same friends as last year, but I seem to have so many more friends this year. Most of these friends are newlyweds too. (Or soon-to-be-newlyweds.) Most seem to be struggling with finding jobs or some other financial stress like us. Most don't have kids. Most live in smaller houses or apartments. All are happy to have friends who are going through what they're going through and offer encouragement and support. We consider ourselves to be greatly blessed by their presence in our lives.

I love long weekends and I'm procrastinating so I don't have to admit this one is over. Our next long weekend is Memorial Day weekend. This seems so far away, doesn't it? We're taking an anniversary vacation, back to Gatlinburg, for a week. We got an excellent deal on a beautiful cabin, so we'll be staying the full week, instead of the 5 days we were originally planning on. I can't wait... just 6 weeks away!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment