Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thoughts on today... married 11 months

Eleven months ago, at this very moment, I was sitting in a room with most of my favorite people just taking in the day. We had just finished the wedding rehearsal, and were enjoying our lunches. I wanted to go around and hug everyone, but we had a tight schedule and Melissa and I had to take off to get ready. Several hours later my whole life would change and I'd be happier than I've ever known.

In a month we'll celebrate being married a year. (Not our first anniversary though, that won't happen until 2/29/2012.) We're heading off to Gatlinburg for a week to just get away. This will be the first time ever that we've spent a week together, just the two of us. We got a cabin for half price, so got an incredible deal that worked really well with our budget. It's not a very pretty place in early March, but we're not going there to enjoy the scenery. :)

We're still having a debate about what day to celebrate on. Jason is probably correct in that we should celebrate on the 28th. However, I like to reflect what I was doing a year ago at that time, and on the 28th I went to work and left early to get manis and pedis with Melissa and then we decorated the church. (Really great memories of that day too!) The day after this was the day we got married, so in my head, we celebrate on March 1st. So for now, we're celebrating both days I guess. We're driving down to Gatlinburg on the 28th, so it doesn't really matter.

After I got my pictures last year I worried about my dress choice, about not getting more pictures with Jason, of not getting pictures with friends who helped out, etc. They were gorgeous pictures, don't get me wrong, but I wish I had made a list of what pictures I wanted. (Not Darrin's fault, all mine.) I look through the pictures and wish I had lost more weight, or that I had picked a more simple dress, or something that wasn't strapless, or that I had stood up straight more (yes Mom, I know). I think most women would relate to what I'm saying. But it's too late to have regrets about what happened on that day, and remembering those little things really takes away from the happy memories from that day.

Last night I was splitting our wedding pictures into different frames and albums since the original album I bought (from Target) was falling apart. I found myself loving all the pictures and finally being okay with all of them. We have had so many pictures since then that I'm not missing the pictures we didn't get. There will be many more opportunities for pictures with friends, and with my honey. :)

(Side note - Dad & Claire, I've finally picked out the picture I like for the 8x10, so I'll be printing that soon. For everyone else, if you want some pictures, please let me know soon and I'll put them in the order with the 8x10.)

1 comment:

  1. Well..I thought your wedding so beautiful. I thought your dress was in my top list of prettiest dresses. I LOVED IT...
    I agree with you on March 1st...I think it is closer to your wedding day. At least in my head it makes more sense....

    ReplyDelete