Sunday, January 9, 2011

Noticing RV's - what catches your eye?

A week ago we were driving home from Florida. We passed quite a few of RV's while driving in the southern states. Normally I don't notice RV's but now that my Florida parents have one (and I'm dreaming of having a nice camper), I've been looking at them. I wonder what part pops out to make it bigger and how much room they have inside.

Last Sunday I started noticing something else about those RV's. I'll post a few pics and you tell me what you notice...








Well, yes, they're all heading South. It's just easier to take pictures of RV's coming towards you, especially with the sun shining on them. But no, that's not what I'm getting at. Here's a few more...









Are you noticing the colors? What about the designs? Those are some crazy curves! Who designs those things? Does someone actually get PAID to come up with those??? (Design school students - really, do they have jobs out there for this?)









What's the point of those curves? Those colors? Do they help camouflage your RV in the woods? Or maybe help you find your RV in the woods??? Do the curves mean something? Are they like art and they're supposed to make you *feel* something? Like you're a warrior on the road? (Am I asking too many questions?) ;)

Here's some older RV's...





Straight lines! I'm wondering when they decided that straight lines on RV's were "old" or boring and decided to make them more exciting and turning them into crazy curves. 

Here's a photo with both a newer RV with the curvy designs and an older RV with the straight lines...

 

I got so excited when I got this picture. (Win!!) Yeah, 18 hour car trips can be pretty boring. I told Jason I was taking pictures of RV's for a future blog. I had already gone on and on about the weird designs on the RV's so he wasn't too surprised. He just looked at me like I'm crazy (I get that from him a lot).

But I think boredom kicked in for him too (he was driving) and he started pointing out RV's for me when I wasn't paying attention. It kinda turned into a game - trying to take a picture at just the right moment through the left side of the front windshield. And of course the RV's were usually in the slow lane, so I had to wait for cars to finish passing before taking a picture. After awhile I'd review my photos and delete my failed attempts and get excited about a clear shot. Yeah, those 18 hours car trips are pretty boring.

(I actually took over 100 pictures and limited it down to 40 good ones. The ones posted here were just whatever grabbed me while blogging. My apologies if this has been an especially boring blog. I think I'm just trying to hold onto our trip to Florida for as long as possible. Next blog will be about the different kinds of palm trees and my favorite ones. No, just kidding.) ;)

Feel free to post your opinion about those curves and colors. If I happen to find a job listing for RV exterior design, I'll let you know. (Ha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment